1 gal of water
1/2 cup sugar
1 bunch fresh tarragon (I substituted rosemary because that was all I had.)
1 bunch fresh parsley
2 bay leaves
1 head of garlic, halved horizontally
1 onion sliced
3 tablespoons crushed black pepper corns with frying pan
2 lemons cut in half
1. put all ingredients into pot big enough to hold chicken and bring to boil
2. remove from heat and cool to room temp, then chill in refrigerator
3. add whole chicken or turkey breast to brine and refrigerate for 8-12 hours. keep meat completely submerged.
4. remove meat from brine, rinse well, and pat dry. let rest and dry in refrigerator for 3 to 24 hours.
5. roast meat at 450 degrees until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
6. let meat rest for 15 minutes
7. dig in.