Let me count down the shitty last 2 weeks we've had:
- Marc's sprint cellphone died.
- Franca got a cold.
- I got a stomach bug.
- Marc got the stomach bug.
- It was eleventy-billion degrees outside EVERY DAY.
- Marc's new iPhone died.
- Thunderstorm. We lost power for 12 hours. I FREAKED out about my frozen breastmilk.
- Franca got double ear infections.
- I got Franca's cold.
- My nephew knocked his front tooth out.
- My one sister threw her back out.
- My other sister has pneumonia again.
- Tuna (our beloved cat) had some sort of seizure/passing out episode and had to be rushed to the emergency vet.
So really countertops, REALLY?
You too needed to be messed up??
For the Second. Time.
We unwrapped the replacement slab shipment and BAM! I thought Marc was going to have an aneurysm. They didn't finish the inside of the sink cutout. If we didn't have people over helping us lift it, I think Marc would have went into a fit of rage. And I would not have blamed him.
We still lifted it into place and of course, it fit and was level and the right thickness and basically all the things that were wrong about the first slab were fixed, except this one had the stupid unfinished sink cutout.
Remember how nice the finished sink edge looked. Now it has this wierd white scratchy edge.
Marc and I must have kicked a lot of puppies in our previous lives to deserve this.
Look how crappy this looks. You can see the router marks.
So now they are shipping us a THIRD slab. It better be perfect or I might lose my shit.
Any ideas what to do with these first two slabs? Epoxy Outdoor kitchen? Epxoy Bath vanity?
Epoxy Trivets? Or the best yet: Epoxy Money? Because they are making these slabs like a Chinese Counterfitter. Get it? Counter-fitter. Like countertop... like fitting? HAAAA.
I'm obviously loosing my mind over here.