Marc and I decided for Christmas we are going to ask for the pieces needed to assemble a fully functional parlor. We now spent a lot of time in there. Not really because of the tv, but mostly because it is where Franca plays. We have a great couch, side tables, stereo, speakers, and rug, but we need:
- New lamps.
- I hate our current lamps with a passion. They are terrible and I've tried * unintentionally* to destroy them more than once.
- New curtains/blinds.
- Must hang straight like panels.
- New shelving system.
- New tv.
- Marc has owned our current tv longer than we have known each other. It no longer produces sound.
- New rocker for Franca's room?
- The orange chair got moved up to Franca's room and I miss it in the parlor. The black chair just isn't cutting it. So maybe if I get a rocker for Franca's room I can move the orange chair back down? Problem is, we could not find a simple, modern rocker that we liked. Ugh.
- For some reason, when I painted this room, I used gloss or semi-gloss. It shows every crack and wall blemish. We want to repaint it in a flat or eggshell. I convinced Marc to let me keep the orange ceiling/grey brown walls. I know it is weird, but I love it.
|Isn't she ridiculously cute?|
Let's take this list one item at a time. Stay tuned for a lamp post.
(Get it, a post about lamps. A Lamp Post. Ha! Ok, it's not that funny.)
|Our current frat house shelving system.|
(With Franca watching This Week with Christiane Amanpour . She loves it!)