Well, I was all geared up for a weekend of sanding, installing, etc. but that didn't happen.
Marc wasn't feeling well this past Friday and it just kept getting worse, then better, then even worse, then a little better, the horrible. He's prone to fevers, so every time he felt a little better he'd try to do something, then end up with the cold sweats again. UGH.
It was also chilly out and kept raining on and off, so I just could not get motivated to sand. I did get a bunch of little stuff done:
- Side job's Online Store went down. Fixed that and did some other work on side job.
- Got envelopes, a heart-shaped hole punch and some stretchy-cord, assembled and then mailed Franca's birthday invitations. She loves the craft store Michaels. Tiny aisles all filled with weird, colorful junk.
- Finally installed the "repair kit" for her drop-side crib.
- Made Marc honey-lemon-ginger tea. (So good!) --->
- Re-tightened all the bolts on Franca's changing table. She wiggles so much getting her diaper changed that she loosened them!
- Made two crockpot recipes. (Curry Chicken (just ok) & White Bean Soup) Made this Chipotle Beef last week. Delicious!
- Did two loads of laundry.
- Cleaned off a hand-me-down toy from the basement for Franca. Thanks Heather! She was so excited to ride on something. I pushed her all around the house on it.
- Helped friends move and hung out at their creek house a bit. (Bad idea, Marc started feeling worse.) It was nice to get out to the house and be near water though.
- Returns at Target, returns at Babies R Us.
- Groceries (2 different stores, 3 times total)
- Reinstalled the old attic hatch and put Marc's closet back together.
- Bought Franca an early birthday present: the Little Tikes swing. I quickly set it up on the front porch. OMG. She loves it! She was squealing with delight. We are going to get more permanent hooks for the front and back porches for it.
- Repurged my closet. Wow. I think I had a serious shopping addiction. (Wait, I KNOW I did.) How did I have so many clothes? From his sickbed, Marc helped me conduct a ruthless repurge of my closet. He didn't like it = gone. I didn't like it = gone. It really helped.
|Sadly, this is not a BEFORE pic.|
|More organized, but still.|
|How did all these clothes even fit in my closet???|
- Continued my search for an upholstered swivel/rocker chair to recover. Found one that is a real La-Z-Boy and SUPER comfortable. Perfect for sitting and for nursing, which is very hard to find. They wouldn't budge on the $55 clearance price. I know $55 isn't much, but it had some cat hair on it and that makes me nervous. (It did not smell, and believe me, I took some long, deep sniffs.) Plus, it is ugly as sin. What do you think? Get it and throw a sheet over it until I reupholster it? Or keep looking?