This post is for other blogger nerds, so regular-non-blog owner readers can skip this boring stuff!
I was having a big problem getting Facebook (FB) to show a thumbnail image from the posts I share there. It took me forever googling to figure out this method, but it is working! I did a bunch of stuff and I'm not sure which it was or why it is working, but it is. That is all I care about.
- Upload the photo directly from your computer to your blog post. Not from picasa web albums, etc. (There are supposed to be some issues otherwise. Not sure.)
- Add this link to the very beginning html of your post: < link href="http://yourimagelink.jpg" rel="image_src"> Removing the space before link and filling in your desired thumbnail image url. (I think this tells FB an image to use.)
- Add your meta data to your template html. This will give you a good title, blurb about blog, etc. I think I followed these guidelines: http://www.simplebloggertutorials.com/2011/07/add-open-graph-protocol-meta-tags-to.html (These give FB info on your blog)
- Wait a little bit before sharing. (This seems to help the issue. Who knows!)
- Link by pasting post url into FB, not with share button. (my share button won't work)
- There I still have to edit the title because my post title isn't coming in, but that pain I can handle.