The goal of this office renovation and clean-up was to make it a comfortable, workable office on the cheap! With both of us working from home, this has been a long time coming, but we finally got all moved back in, cleaned up AND some final touches done.
With my weird line of work (computer products for the blind), I require a lot of "stuff" around me in order to work. I wanted to keep this real, so I didn't move anything out of the room of off the shelves. Even though it was so tempting to get better photos.
|The Blue Lady stayed. Minus the gun. Paint colors here.|
|Love the roller shades! More on those here.|
|Linoleum block prints from our wedding invitations and an illustration by my nephew.|
|Shelving (from Ikea, no longer sold). Sat under the guest bed for 5 years!|
|Marc's office chair recovered and tuned. More on that later this week.|
|New sitting area with door now closed to bathroom hall. (We never used this door anyway!)|
- We had the door/table (free from a friend). Painted it.
- Had filing cabinet (scored at Habitat)
- Paint we had from other rooms (colors here)
- But I did have to buy brushes and cutting in tools about $23
- Shelves we had from Marc's apartment in Hoboken.
- Roller shades Marc bought about 4 years ago and never put up!
- I did buy some cheap organization baskets at Target $21
- Chair we had in the bedroom.
- New window sash hardware $2.48 x 7 windows = $17.36
- Eyelets to alter shade hardware. $0.98
- Fabric for under desk $4.00
- Fabric to reupholster chairs and pillow $15 (more on those later this week)
[Edited to add]
Minus = $40 for desk sold
Grand Total = $41.34!
- I'd LOVE new matching office chairs
- Radiator cover. (Seriously, where can I find these??)
- Replace horrid ceiling fan.
Anyway, I'm loving having an organized, sane place to work (and blog of course!)