I was hesitant to post about the "Sprinkle" my friends threw me in honor of Baby #2, because I felt like a big spoiled brat having a shower/sprinkle party at all. I mean, they already threw me an awesome shower for Baby #1 and you know, handmade a quilt!
But shit, my friends are so awesome I just want to give them props for making me feel so great.
TWO truly amazing playlists? Yes.
Pork Chop Mix 1
- My Girls - Animal Collective
- You push, I'll Go - Baby Dayliner
- Girl - Beck
- Pump It - Black Eyed Peas
- First Day of My Life - Bright Eyes
- Girls Just Want to Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
- Coochie Dip City - Das Racist
- Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby? (Rae and Christian Remix) - Dinah Washington
- What Else Is New - Dinosaur Jr
- Baby I'm Burning - Dolly Parton
- Hey Sis - Dum Dum Girls
- Be My Girl - El Goodo
- EmmyLou - First Aid Kit
- GirlShapedLovedDrug - Gomez
- Glad Girls - Guided By Voices
- Don't Get Old - J Roddy Walston and The Business
- Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet
- Daft Punk Is Playing at My House - LCD Soundsystem
- Daughter - Loudon Wainwright III
- Raconte Moi Une Histoire - M83
- Lay Low - My Morning Jacket
- That's How Strong My Love Is - Otis Redding
- When I'm Small - Phantogram
- La La Love You - Pixies
- The Seed (2.0) [Explicit] - The Roots
- Push It - Salt-N-Pepa
- (Song For My) Sugar Spun Sister - The Stone Roses
- My Girl - The Temptations
- Here Comes My Girl - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
- Baby Please Don't Go - Van Morrison
- We're Going To Be Friends - The White Stripes
- More Than Life - Whitley
Here are "Pchop" and "Nikki".
I *might* have had some watered-down sangria. YUM.
(Don't make me link to all the recent studies proving this is ok.)
- These are the ladies who will drop everything and come watch your kid when you go into Labor & Delivery.
- They will give you awesome clothes and lend you books on curly hair for months (sorry Stacey!).
- They will invite you to weird events where unbelievably surreal and grotesque videos of "wound management" will be shown because they know you love that stuff.
- They will lend you baby clothes, strollers, car seats and make you feel like you are doing them a favor.
- They will listen to you whine about your first world problems while you run up the side of a mountain.
- They will gchat with you about bikini line laser hair removal like it is talking about the weather.
- They will tell you secrets and have the best laugh ever.
- They will give you gifts and not just "stuff", but thoughtful things they know you love.
One of the biggest reasons I pushed for Asheville over some of other city choices was because after years in New York with one or two amazing friends, I wanted more. For me, this meant moving to a place where we at least knew someone. I never knew that one friendship would lead to so many others and in the end, how truly lucky in this aspect of my life I would be. (Thanks Maggie.)
I've had a pretty self-absorbed year. With the non-stop renovations, terrible morning sickness, and crazy work-from-home mom schedule, I've been a crappy friend. You know who still has my back? Those ladies up there.
So from the bottom of my heart (which may currently have a baby butt pressed against it) I want to say thank you ladies. La La Love You.