So I decided, F it. I'm going to show you what we have. It is surprisingly nerve-wracking to put this up online. I honestly have no idea who reads this blog, but I'm sure any architect/designer/anyone really could find faults with this, but meh. There are a million ways to skin a cat people, and this is only the 146th. Please keep in mind this is not flushed out or refined at all.
Well, first I want to point out some features:
- North is up. The view downtown is to the northwest.
- We have a curving drive (shown by the topo swale). Parking will be at the top with a small outbuilding for storage & tools.
- The living area will hopefully open up as much as possible to some steps/seating and the yard.
- The thick wall at the top of the living area will house a tv and fireplace
- In general we are using wardrobe-like cabinets instead of closets or pantries.
- The guest suite is meant for grandparents and might be rented out is connected to the powder room.
- The back wall of the living area is low cabinets which turns into the kitchen tall cabinets and tall guest room cabinets (murphy bed?).
- The girls have sleeping "cabins" attached to a larger playroom. The idea is if we ever needed to, we could split these three rooms into two normal-sized bedrooms.
- The hallway is lined on one side with tall cabinets where will store our stuff.
- Our family bathroom is a series of compartments so one person can be showering while someone is using the toilet.
- The back porch points to a play area we might share with our neighbors.
Site plan showing roof (single slope)
|Please ignore the crazy site slope, I haven't digitally regraded.|